Wine 1.1.15 Released

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2009
      Wine 1.1.15 was released yesterday, and the Slackware package was
      available today.

      The release notes mention more richedit fixes, which should help Light
      and Standard users.

      However, the same basic issues of apparent cursor position, tab
      switching via keyboard flashes, and losing the minimize button after
      minimize and re-focus....

      Oh well, they are making lots of improvements all the time, so
      eventually, they'll get to these issues.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2009
        You know Larry, the funny thing is, I have now gotten used to it. I use NoteTab Pro on a Windows computer sometimes for work and I find myself allowing for the strange cursor movements. It would take me a bit of time to get used to it the old way now. ;->

        I don't have the minimize button problem, though.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2009
          It could be that I need to update to Slackware 12.2, I am at 12.1. Sometimes being on the latest version of one's Linux distro helps too.

          I do not minimize often when I use Linux, since I can easily Alt+Tab, or have a different desktop for different tasks. I only minimize to test this issue. I have not tried the latest Wine on my Ubuntu box, I'll have to find the time to fire it up.

          I suppose this could be a distro specific issue, or some piece of a distro.

          Since the main issues are cosmetic, most users can live with them. Since the other bigger issues were cleaned up a while back, there has been a lot less traffic on the list.

          I will keep checking to see if the issues reported on the list are ever resolved, but they are all things that I know are there and can live with them.

          There may be some other NoteTab specific issues that will only be gotchas for those that do a lot with custom clips. Some day I may have enough time with all the other things I have committed myself to, to identify them all. ;-)

          ~ Larry