PC-BSD possibly easy ? maintenance Unix like OS even runs KDE 4

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2008
      Happy holidays everyone. And, happy days if it is not a holiday where you
      are.

      For years, I haven't had enough around to its to try out the FreeBSD
      operating system.

      But now there's: pc bsd

      programmers have written GUI's that oversee (do with user interactivity)
      what used to be largely a command line driven thing ie the installation,
      maintenance, upgrading of the FreeBSD operating system.

      Ubuntu competitor? Or is it the other way around ie Ubuntu is a PC-BSD
      competitor? Or, maybe they're in somewhat different leagues or niche areas
      whereby they wouldn't be competitors.

      http://www.pcbsd.org/?p=rss

      --
      Alan,