Wine 1.1.6 Released October 10, 2008

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008
      Wine 1.1.6 was released yesterday.

      The announcement mentions a lot of Richedit controls which will help
      NoteTab Light and Standard.

      The Slackware package is already available, so I upgraded.

      Quick testing on NoteTab Pro:

      The minimize and then two windows on restore is "fixed", but there is
      no minimize button to minimize again.

      The issue of the clip area closing when clicking a library in the
      library bar is still there.

      The issue of the visual position of the cursor at the bottom of the
      page is still there.

      If anyone else upgrades, please tell us your Distribution & version of
      Linux.

      I'll try updating my Ubuntu box later today and report back.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008
        I'm sticking with wine-1.0. It works with none of the bugs that have appeared in later versions.

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008
          Yep, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

          Lee

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008
            That's understandable.

            I will keep going to the latest version, as the issues are not
            preventing me from getting work done. I always keep a copy of the
            prior version, so I can rollback easily enough, if a particular
            version causes problems i cannot live with.

            I've been doing NoteTab on wine long enough that it will take a lot to
            keep me from moving forward. ;-)

            At some point, the issues we have will be fixed, and I'll let you
            know. ;-)

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008
              Makes life much less stressful. ;) Unfortunately, that means I can't really contribute comments to Wine. They'll just tell me to update to the latest and (maybe not) greatest version.

              Kudos to Larry for being the guinea pig. Much appreciated.

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 12, 2008
                Ditto. Thanks much, Larry.

                Lee

                On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:51:10 -0700 (PDT) sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:

                | Kudos to Larry for being the guinea pig. Much appreciated.

                | > |
                | > | --- On Sat, 10/11/08, lm_hamilton
                | > <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:
                | > |