ntb-linux Clip Library Version 1.0.0

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14 10:10 PM
      I finally got my Linux Clip cleaned up and ready for general use.

      It is limited, but demonstrates some things that can be done with
      NoteTab in Linux.

      I am sure that I missed something. I had planned to spend a raining
      Sunday afternoon polishing this at my leisure, but it was a deluge! We
      had more water than ever before in our basement. We had a lot of water
      this Spring, so everything was already out of the basement. It took
      about 4 hours to use a friend's portable pump and my 8 gallon wet vac
      to get it where the sump pump could keep up. I hope I can move when
      it's time to get out of bed to go to work!

      Thanks for all the input on this. I had planned to test the clip on my
      Debian and Ubuntu boxes before upload, but I do not know when that
      will happen. So rather than put it off yet again, here it is.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14 10:14 PM
        It is in the files area of this group. I expected a notice to go to
        the group. I must have something set wrong on the group settings.

        Oh well, one more thing to add to the list of things to do before I
        die....

        Larry

      • tr6vb6z02@sneakemail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 21 7:44 PM
          using Ubuntu Hardy Heron, I just downloaded wine 1.1.5 from the Ubuntu
          repositories.
          I checked on the minimize problem in NoteTab Pro, and it got worse!
          Now I the Notetab window will minimize just fine. But you can't get it
          back!

          I don't minimize NoteTab very often, so this is hardly a crippling
          problem, but it is very strange and a bit annoying.
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22 9:07 PM
            --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, tr6vb6z02@... wrote:

            > using Ubuntu Hardy Heron, I just downloaded wine 1.1.5 from the Ubuntu
            > repositories.
            > I checked on the minimize problem in NoteTab Pro, and it got worse!
            > Now I the Notetab window will minimize just fine. But you can't get it
            > back!
            >
            > I don't minimize NoteTab very often, so this is hardly a crippling
            > problem, but it is very strange and a bit annoying.

            Donald,

            Thank you for this information.

            The Slackware package just became available for Wine 1.1.5, this is on
            Slackware 12.1 using XFCE.

            Minimize and restore works, there is no extra title bar, but there is
            also no minimize button. Oddly, there are now two identical windows
            with a complete NoteTab. Closing one closes both. It appears that the
            hidden window is now fully visible. It takes a moment for the other
            window to show up. If I minimize, restore and change the library in
            the clipbook, then the second window appears. The title bar of one
            window is darker than the other.

            I tried this with NoteTab Pro, Standard and Light.

            The issue with the cursor position and extra lines in Pro when
            pressing enter is mildly better. Now it only happens when the line
            passes the lower boundary of the document window.

            I stumbled upon something, I am not sure if I knew it or not. I'll
            have to remember to try it on Windows. In the clipbook, activated by
            F4, if you double-click the name of the library in the drop-down, it
            changes to the next library. In 10.5 years of using NoteTab, I do not
            remember encountering that before. As many libraries as I have
            accumulated it is not practical, so I may have just decided not to
            remember it. ;-)

            Please let us know your experience with Wine 1.1.5 and your
            Distribution of Linux and its version and your Window manager.