Re: [ntb-linux] Re: Wine 1.1.4 Released September 5, 2008

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 8, 2008
      Alec,

      Yes, this is what Eric told us when this issue appeared in a pre 1.0.0 release.

      I get it on both KDE and XFCE on Slackware and Gnome on Ubuntu. So it must be a Wine issue.

      Larry Hamilton

      I don't use Linux at all but do know that Notetab and other apps programmed in Delphi use some kind of hidden window.
      Usually Delphi apps can be recognized because in Windows a right click on a taskbar button shows only Restore, Minimize and Close options. They are missing the "normal" "Move, Size and Maximize options.

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 13, 2008
        --- On Mon, 9/8/08, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:
        I don't use Linux at all but do know that Notetab and other apps
        programmed in Delphi use some kind of hidden window.

        If you don't use Linux, what are you doing on a Linux list (even if you do use NoteTab)?? Pretty strange . . .
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 13, 2008
          sisterscape (sisterscape@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-09-13 at
          17:42):
          > --- On Mon, 9/8/08, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:
          > I don't use Linux at all but do know that Notetab and other apps
          > programmed in Delphi use some kind of hidden window.
          >
          > If you don't use Linux, what are you doing on a Linux list (even if
          > you do use NoteTab)?? Pretty strange . . .

          I'm on all the Notetab lists (even the accessibility list which hasn't
          had any traffic since it was created - except the auto reminder every
          month Jody set up)

          One of these fine days I'm going to make a serious attempt to get VM
          working and run both Windows and Linux. In the meantime you never know
          where you are going to pick up interesting info :-)

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 14, 2008
            Fair 'nuff. You might want to check out Virtual Box or Wubi installer to get you going with Linux. It took a while for me to get over the hump but once I did, I never looked back. Haven't had my XP machine on since last spring! Loving Linux for Linux and really loving being M$-free!!!