Re: [ntb-linux] Re: Wine 1.1.4 Released September 5, 2008

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 7, 2008
      That's what I get for doing this when I'm tired.

      Just before signing off for the night, I noticed that the extra bar is there, but there is now no Minimize button on Slackware with KDE.

      Because I was able to minimize it once, I assumed that Slackware did not have the problem.

      So it must be a Wine issue. I can see why I did not notice it on Slackware, since it will minimize once.

      "'Curiuser and curiuser', said Alice."

      Larry Hamilton

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 7, 2008
        It's baaaack! This regression minimize bug plagued versions after 9.7 (or 9.5 - can't remember) but were fixed in Wine 1.0. I couldn't update maybe three versions because of it.

        > That's what I get for doing this when I'm tired.
        >
        > Just before signing off for the night, I noticed that the
        > extra bar is there, but there is now no Minimize button on
        > Slackware with KDE.
        >
        > Because I was able to minimize it once, I assumed that
        > Slackware did not have the problem.
        >
        > So it must be a Wine issue. I can see why I did not notice
        > it on Slackware, since it will minimize once.
        >
        > "'Curiuser and curiuser', said Alice."
        >
        > Larry Hamilton

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 8, 2008
          Larry Hamilton (lm_hamilton@...) wrote (in part)  (on 2008-09-08
          at 00:42):
          > Because I was able to minimize it
          once, I assumed that Slackware did
          > not have the problem.
          >
          > So it must be a Wine issue. I can see why I did not notice it on
          > Slackware, since it will minimize once.
          >
          > "'Curiuser and curiuser', said Alice."

          I don't use Linux at all but do know that Notetab and other apps programmed in Delphi use some kind of hidden window.
          Usually Delphi apps can be recognized because in Windows a right click on a taskbar button shows only Restore, Minimize and Close options. They are missing the "normal" "Move, Size and Maximize options.

          It might be worth checking behavior of any other Delphi programs you have to see whether they exhibit the same pattern of regression as Notetab. If so, it might help the Wine developers though I assume they are probably already knowledgeable about this behavior.
          --
          Regards ... Alec   (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 8, 2008
            Alec,

            Yes, this is what Eric told us when this issue appeared in a pre 1.0.0 release.

            I get it on both KDE and XFCE on Slackware and Gnome on Ubuntu. So it must be a Wine issue.

            Larry Hamilton

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 13, 2008
              --- On Mon, 9/8/08, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:
              I don't use Linux at all but do know that Notetab and other apps
              programmed in Delphi use some kind of hidden window.

              If you don't use Linux, what are you doing on a Linux list (even if you do use NoteTab)?? Pretty strange . . .
            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 13, 2008
                sisterscape (sisterscape@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-09-13 at
                17:42):
                > --- On Mon, 9/8/08, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:
                > I don't use Linux at all but do know that Notetab and other apps
                > programmed in Delphi use some kind of hidden window.
                >
                > If you don't use Linux, what are you doing on a Linux list (even if
                > you do use NoteTab)?? Pretty strange . . .

                I'm on all the Notetab lists (even the accessibility list which hasn't
                had any traffic since it was created - except the auto reminder every
                month Jody set up)

                One of these fine days I'm going to make a serious attempt to get VM
                working and run both Windows and Linux. In the meantime you never know
                where you are going to pick up interesting info :-)

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 14, 2008
                  Fair 'nuff. You might want to check out Virtual Box or Wubi installer to get you going with Linux. It took a while for me to get over the hump but once I did, I never looked back. Haven't had my XP machine on since last spring! Loving Linux for Linux and really loving being M$-free!!!