Re: [ntb-linux] Major Progress -WAS -> Small Progress -WAS-> Re: [wine] Unresolved Issues ...

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 23, 2007

      > Sisterscape,
      >
      > I finally got Win98 fired up and got the dlls from there.
      >
      > Dir rich*.dll in the c:\windows\system directory revealed three dlls:
      > riched.dll, riched20.dll, and riched32.dll. 241.1, 412, and 168.8 KB
      > respectively. This is much bigger than the dlls from dll-files.com.
      >
      > I put these in the .wine\drive_c\windows\system32 directory.
      >
      > I then set winecfg to use them as native,builtin. With NoteTab Light
      > in Win98 emulation. I used NoteTab Light 4.95.
      >
      > I then tested and confirmed resolution of all but one of your issues.

      OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a wizard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      After some unsuccessful attempts at getting this to work, I decided to
      start from scratch - new wineconf, new NTB install. Then I switched
      out the Win98 dlls, made the wineconf changes you suggested and VIOLA!

      I can't tell you how grateful I am for your efforts in sleuthing this
      down. I'm off to post the fix to the LUG list right now.

      Me soooo happy to have NoteTab back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 23, 2007
        > OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a wizard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Hey, I'm good. Humble too. ;-)

        >After some unsuccessful attempts at getting this to work, I
        >decided to start from scratch - new wineconf, new NTB install.
        >Then I switched out the Win98 dlls, made the wineconf changes
        >you suggested and VIOLA!
        >
        >I can't tell you how grateful I am for your efforts in sleuthing
        >this down. I'm off to post the fix to the LUG list right now.

        Glad to help. If this can help NoteTab in any way, then I am glad.

        >Me soooo happy to have NoteTab back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Yeah!