Re: [ntb-linux] HardwareTools hwinfo maybe a substitute for in Slackware?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2008
      Alan,

      That is one I am not using in my current clip. I know that the cfg2html uses this and other commands that tend to be built-in to all or most distributions.

      I thought others might find these scripts helpful.

      Once I get my clip doing what I want, I will re-submit it to the group. Part of the challenge is that each distribution has it's own method of storing the distribution name and version, so I have to work out that logic. Not hard, just need to make the time.

      That is one of those things that I wish all the distributions could agree on, but I won't hold my breath. ;-)

      We have a major upgrade for our client's software coming, so I have had a lot of late nights. I have the week off work, so if the honey-dos don't prevent it, I am hopeful of more work on the clip. ;-)

      Larry Hamilton