Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Launching document in Firefox

Expand Messages
  • lm_hamilton
    ... under Wine or just did a Open File in FF to view the file. I had no idea we could get it to work with the Linux system. This is great! ... Lee, Yes,
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1 4:31 PM
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:
      > I have to say, for over a year, I either had another FF running
      under Wine or just did a "Open File" in FF to view the file. I had no
      idea we could get it to work with the Linux system. This is great!
      >
      > Lee

      Lee,

      Yes, NoteTab can interact with many other programs. For example, the
      option to open the active document in another program via the Tool
      menu or CTRL+T. It is not working for some reason with Mousepad, the
      basic text editor used by the XFCE window manager. I thought it was
      working before, but while it opens the program, the text is not there.

      NoteTab's clip commands related to scripting also work for Bash/cli
      commands, however, I have not been able to capture the output of a
      bash command yet. It may not be possible to capture the output of a
      Linux command line directly via a clip command, so it may have to be
      piped to a file. I just got the syntax right last night to get it to
      display a command in a terminal.

      I'll try to wrap up my Linux clips/libraries later tonight. I had to
      bring some work home to help get something out to a client on time, so
      if that doesn't take too long....

      I'll see if I can figure out why I cannot get your version of the
      Firefox launch path to work. It would be good to have a single and
      simpler version.

      Larry
    • lm_hamilton
      ... Larry s suggestion of dragging it to the clipbar but that didn t work. Sisterscape - Did you drag the clip name to the ClipBar or the Tool Bar? I just
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1 4:35 PM
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:
        > Now I need to find a way to make it more user friendly. I tried
        Larry's suggestion of dragging it to the clipbar but that didn't work.

        Sisterscape -

        Did you drag the clip name to the ClipBar or the Tool Bar?

        I just tried dragging a clip to the ClipBar and it worked.

        NoteTab does not let us add clips to the Tool Bar, only the
        functionality built into it for users to add and remove.

        Larry
      • sisterscape
        The name in the clipbar pane won t grab at all - no grabby icon - and the cursor just moves up the list of clips when I try to move the mouse towards the
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1 4:56 PM
        • 0 Attachment
          The name in the clipbar pane won't grab at all - no grabby icon - and the cursor just moves up the list of clips when I try to move the mouse towards the clipbar.


          --- On Tue, 7/1/08, lm_hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

          > From: lm_hamilton <lm_hamilton@...>
          > Subject: [ntb-linux] Re: Launching document in Firefox
          > To: ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 6:35 PM
          > --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape
          > <sisterscape@...> wrote:
          > > Now I need to find a way to make it more user
          > friendly. I tried
          > Larry's suggestion of dragging it to the clipbar but
          > that didn't work.
          >
          > Sisterscape -
          >
          > Did you drag the clip name to the ClipBar or the Tool Bar?
          >
          > I just tried dragging a clip to the ClipBar and it worked.
          >
          > NoteTab does not let us add clips to the Tool Bar, only the
          > functionality built into it for users to add and remove.
          >
          > Larry
          >
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
        • Larry Hamilton
          ... That s odd. Do clipbars work otherwise? Must be one of those Ubuntu things. Lee- Can you add a button to a clipbar? Larry
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1 6:10 PM
          • 0 Attachment
            --- On Tue, 7/1/08, sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:

            > From: sisterscape <sisterscape@...>
            > Subject: Re: [ntb-linux] Re: Launching document in Firefox
            > To: ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 7:56 PM
            > The name in the clipbar pane won't grab at all - no
            > grabby icon - and the cursor just moves up the list of
            > clips when I try to move the mouse towards the clipbar.

            That's odd. Do clipbars work otherwise?

            Must be one of those Ubuntu things.

            Lee- Can you add a button to a clipbar?

            Larry
          • Lee Underwood
            Yep, worked just fine for me. I had the clip library open, and then just grabbed the clip and dragged it to the clipbar and it worked just fine. Lee
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1 6:20 PM
            • 0 Attachment
              Yep, worked just fine for me. I had the clip library open, and then just grabbed the clip and dragged it to the clipbar and it worked just fine.

              Lee

              On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 18:10:34 -0700 (PDT) Larry Hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

              |
              | Must be one of those Ubuntu things.
              |
              | Lee- Can you add a button to a clipbar?
              |
              | Larry
              |
            • sisterscape
              Honestly, I ve never used the clipbar. I ve always worked from the menus in the left pane. If I could combine clips from HTML and CSS etc into ONE bar I
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1 7:27 PM
              • 0 Attachment
                Honestly, I've never used the clipbar. I've always worked from the menus in the left pane. If I could combine clips from HTML and CSS etc into ONE bar I might use it. I'd get rid of all those deprecated attributes like <b> for starts. Is there a way to merge/edit them?

                If Lee can do drag the clip I don' know why I can't. Bummer . . .

                --- On Tue, 7/1/08, Larry Hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

                > From: Larry Hamilton <lm_hamilton@...>
                > Subject: Re: [ntb-linux] Re: Launching document in Firefox
                > To: ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com
                > Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 8:10 PM
                > --- On Tue, 7/1/08, sisterscape
                > <sisterscape@...> wrote:
                >
                > > From: sisterscape <sisterscape@...>
                > > Subject: Re: [ntb-linux] Re: Launching document in
                > Firefox
                > > To: ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com
                > > Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 7:56 PM
                > > The name in the clipbar pane won't grab at all -
                > no
                > > grabby icon - and the cursor just moves up the list of
                > > clips when I try to move the mouse towards the
                > clipbar.
                >
                > That's odd. Do clipbars work otherwise?
                >
                > Must be one of those Ubuntu things.
                >
                > Lee- Can you add a button to a clipbar?
                >
                > Larry
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > ------------------------------------
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
              • lm_hamilton
                ... menus in the left pane. If I could combine clips from HTML and CSS etc into ONE bar I might use it. I d get rid of all those deprecated attributes like
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1 9:36 PM
                • 0 Attachment
                  --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Honestly, I've never used the clipbar. I've always worked from the
                  menus in the left pane. If I could combine clips from HTML and CSS
                  etc into ONE bar I might use it. I'd get rid of all those deprecated
                  attributes like <b> for starts. Is there a way to merge/edit them?

                  There are a few clipbars that come with NoteTab. There are some with
                  the HTML and CSS functionality. The clip bar is just a bar for icons
                  pointing to clips. You can edit clips as you see fit, but if you edit
                  the clips that come with NoteTab, they are overwritten when you
                  re-install.

                  The clipbar is only available in Standard and Pro, not Light.

                  HTH,

                  Larry
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.