Re: [ntb-linux] Re: Launching document in Firefox

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
      I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 and FF 2.0.0.14. The original line you had appended a bunch of stuff together:

      file:///home/lee/.wine/drive_c/home/lee/Jupitermedia/Testing/test.htm

      When I made that change, it worked fine.

      I have to say, for over a year, I either had another FF running under Wine or just did a "Open File" in FF to view the file. I had no idea we could get it to work with the Linux system. This is great!

      Lee

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
        Same thing happening here. Also running running Firefox v2.0.0.14, on Ubuntu 7.10:

        file:///home/sister/.wine/drive_c/home/sister/Documents/sites/cosmic/big_bang.html

        I used the 'fix' you posted, Lee:

        ^!Shell "/usr/bin/firefox file:///^%path%"

        And it is now working. Had to turn off the debug option though as a nag dialogue was popping up.

        Now I need to find a way to make it more user friendly. I tried Larry's suggestion of dragging it to the clipbar but that didn't work.

        Will report later if this works with FF3 in Hardy 8.04.

        Thanks for your help guys. :)

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
          > I have to say, for over a year, I either had another FF running
          under Wine or just did a "Open File" in FF to view the file. I had no
          idea we could get it to work with the Linux system. This is great!

          Yes, NoteTab can interact with many other programs. For example, the
          option to open the active document in another program via the Tool
          menu or CTRL+T. It is not working for some reason with Mousepad, the
          basic text editor used by the XFCE window manager. I thought it was
          working before, but while it opens the program, the text is not there.

          NoteTab's clip commands related to scripting also work for Bash/cli
          commands, however, I have not been able to capture the output of a
          bash command yet. It may not be possible to capture the output of a
          Linux command line directly via a clip command, so it may have to be
          piped to a file. I just got the syntax right last night to get it to
          display a command in a terminal.

          I'll try to wrap up my Linux clips/libraries later tonight. I had to
          bring some work home to help get something out to a client on time, so
          if that doesn't take too long....

          I'll see if I can figure out why I cannot get your version of the
          Firefox launch path to work. It would be good to have a single and
          simpler version.

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
            > Now I need to find a way to make it more user friendly. I tried
            Larry's suggestion of dragging it to the clipbar but that didn't work.

            Sisterscape -

            Did you drag the clip name to the ClipBar or the Tool Bar?

            I just tried dragging a clip to the ClipBar and it worked.

            NoteTab does not let us add clips to the Tool Bar, only the
            functionality built into it for users to add and remove.

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
              The name in the clipbar pane won't grab at all - no grabby icon - and the cursor just moves up the list of clips when I try to move the mouse towards the clipbar.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
                > The name in the clipbar pane won't grab at all - no
                > grabby icon - and the cursor just moves up the list of
                > clips when I try to move the mouse towards the clipbar.

                That's odd. Do clipbars work otherwise?

                Must be one of those Ubuntu things.

                Lee- Can you add a button to a clipbar?

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
                  Yep, worked just fine for me. I had the clip library open, and then just grabbed the clip and dragged it to the clipbar and it worked just fine.

                  Lee

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
                    Honestly, I've never used the clipbar. I've always worked from the menus in the left pane. If I could combine clips from HTML and CSS etc into ONE bar I might use it. I'd get rid of all those deprecated attributes like <b> for starts. Is there a way to merge/edit them?

                    If Lee can do drag the clip I don' know why I can't. Bummer . . .

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008

                      > Honestly, I've never used the clipbar. I've always worked from the
                      menus in the left pane. If I could combine clips from HTML and CSS
                      etc into ONE bar I might use it. I'd get rid of all those deprecated
                      attributes like <b> for starts. Is there a way to merge/edit them?

                      There are a few clipbars that come with NoteTab. There are some with
                      the HTML and CSS functionality. The clip bar is just a bar for icons
                      pointing to clips. You can edit clips as you see fit, but if you edit
                      the clips that come with NoteTab, they are overwritten when you
                      re-install.

                      The clipbar is only available in Standard and Pro, not Light.

                      HTH,