Wine 1.0 Release Today

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2008
      I saw this on Slashdot, which linked to WineHQ:

      http://www.winehq.org/?announce=1.0

      It was slated for June 20, but they were somehow ready early.

      Interesting that it is the same day as Firefox 3.0. Both sites are
      very slow!

      I'll post more once I get it running on my system.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2008
        I upgraded to Wine 1.0 this afternoon. Load time is significantly reduced, funky font issues in Photoshop seem to be fixed, minimize/maximize/page drawing no longer unstable. Same issue with the cursor at the bottom in NT but I'm used to it. ;) So far it seems to be quite an improvement but I haven't really worked on it yet, just dabbled.

        Sister