Wine 1.0 RC 3

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
      Wine 1.0 RC 3 was released on 30 May 2008.

      The Slackware package is not yet ready, so I cannot test.

      The Wine Release Plan is here:

      http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleasePlan

      It indicates that Wine 1.0 could be released June 6, if it is ready,
      or go with additional Release Candidates, if it is not. At the latest,
      they plan for July 4th, if I read it correctly.

      Please let us know if you test and find any regressions or new issues.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
        The Slackware package finally came out. I installed it and it works
        well, with the same minor annoyances as all the prior versions.

        If you try NoteTab on Wine RC 3 on another distribution, please let us
        know.

        Larry

        --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

        > Wine 1.0 RC 3 was released on 30 May 2008.
        >
        > The Slackware package is not yet ready, so I cannot test.
        >
        > The Wine Release Plan is here:
        >
        > http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleasePlan
        >
        > It indicates that Wine 1.0 could be released June 6, if it is ready,
        > or go with additional Release Candidates, if it is not. At the latest,
        > they plan for July 4th, if I read it correctly.
        >
        > Please let us know if you test and find any regressions or new issues.
        >
        > Larry Hamilton
      • Gerard Huijing
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
          lm_hamilton wrote:

          > The Slackware package finally came out. I installed it and it works
          > well, with the same minor annoyances as all the prior versions.
          >
          > If you try NoteTab on Wine RC 3 on another distribution, please let us
          > know.
          >
          > Larry

          After waiting a long time for a wine rpm for Fedora9_64 I installed wine
          0.958 rpm for x86 machines some time ago (still under Fedora8), just to
          see what would happen.
          There were no problems, and just yesterday Fedora updated itself, among
          others to wine RC3.
          So the updates come in a bit slower than for the other distributions
          used by the subscribers to this message board. It appears that most use
          Ubuntu/Debian, but there may be others with different distributions who
          are just as quiet as I am :-)

          NoteTab appears to be working the same way as it always did under Linux.
          A lot of swearing on the command line when wine starts NTB, but that
          happens if you start native Linux GUI applications too.
          I have not had a proper look at what the output (i.e. the muttering on
          the CL) means exactly.
          One in any case is, that wine/NTB tries to connect to the sound module
          ca106, because NTB audio messages are still on, I assume, which is not
          the case with my NTB under Windows.

          Just to let you know,

          Cheers,
          Gerard