Re: [ntb-linux] Wine 1.0 RC1 for Slackware

    Message 1 of 7 , May 13 11:06 AM
      Great!

      I assume that means NoteTab is useable?

      Larry

    • tr6vb6z02@sneakemail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13 11:23 AM
        Larry Hamilton lm_hamilton-at-yahoo.com |yahoo groups| wrote:

        >I assume that means NoteTab is useable?

        Yes. Still has the annoying little issues that NoteTab has always had
        under wine, but very usable. The window is stable.
        Message 3 of 7 , May 13 7:27 PM
          Just installed Wine 1.0 RC1 on my VirtualBox install of Hardy 8.04.
          Things seem a little sluggish but at least it minimizes/maximizes
          properly. First version since wine-0.9.58 that has. Looks promising.
          Will install PS next and if that's a go, will consider upgrading to
          Hardy for real.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 15 10:35 PM
            I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04 today, hoping that I would have the success with NTP as the others here on the list. It seems to work just fine, with all the previous problems noted. It works just like it did in Wine v.0.9.46. After the upgrade, I followed the instructions here http://www.ubuntu1501.com/2008/04/installing-wine-in-hardy-heron.html and it worked fine, as noted. Thanks Donald!

            Lee

            Message 5 of 7 , May 16 8:12 AM
              Very good news! I am inching closer to a full upgrade myself as I now
              know that both NoteTab and Photoshop are good to go with Wine 1.0 RC1.
              Actually, I'll probably go for a clean install since it's an LTS and I
              might just stay with it for a while . . . ;)