Wine 1.0 RC1 for Slackware

    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2008
      Wine 1.0 RC1 for Slackware was released today.

      It installs and NoteTab Pro runs the same as with Wine 0.9.61.

      So far, so good.

      If anyone tries RC1 with Ubuntu or other distributions, please let us
      know the results.

      Larry Hamilton
    • tr6vb6z02@sneakemail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13, 2008
        >If anyone tries RC1 with Ubuntu or other distributions, please
        >let us know the results.

        I'm running Wine 1.0 under Ubuntu 8.04 and have noticed no changes in
        the way NoteTab Pro works from Wine 0.9.61
        Message 3 of 7 , May 13, 2008
          Great!

          I assume that means NoteTab is useable?

          Larry

          Message 4 of 7 , May 13, 2008
            Larry Hamilton lm_hamilton-at-yahoo.com |yahoo groups| wrote:

            >I assume that means NoteTab is useable?

            Yes. Still has the annoying little issues that NoteTab has always had
            under wine, but very usable. The window is stable.
            Message 5 of 7 , May 13, 2008
              Just installed Wine 1.0 RC1 on my VirtualBox install of Hardy 8.04.
              Things seem a little sluggish but at least it minimizes/maximizes
              properly. First version since wine-0.9.58 that has. Looks promising.
              Will install PS next and if that's a go, will consider upgrading to
              Hardy for real.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 15, 2008
                I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04 today, hoping that I would have the success with NTP as the others here on the list. It seems to work just fine, with all the previous problems noted. It works just like it did in Wine v.0.9.46. After the upgrade, I followed the instructions here http://www.ubuntu1501.com/2008/04/installing-wine-in-hardy-heron.html and it worked fine, as noted. Thanks Donald!

                Lee

                Message 7 of 7 , May 16, 2008
                  Very good news! I am inching closer to a full upgrade myself as I now
                  know that both NoteTab and Photoshop are good to go with Wine 1.0 RC1.
                  Actually, I'll probably go for a clean install since it's an LTS and I
                  might just stay with it for a while . . . ;)