Wine 0.9.61 for Slackware

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2008
      Well, it appears that Wine 0.9.61 for Slackware was released on
      Monday, but I only found out about it today.

      I got a different error message when I ran wineprefixcreate:

      Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
      wine: configuration in '/root/.wine' has been updated.
      Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
      wine: configuration in '/root/.wine' has been updated.

      NoteTab Pro runs just fine in Slackware 12.0 with XFCE (With the
      normal little quirks I have had for a long time.). I have not yet had
      time to update to Slackware 12.1. Not sure when I will have time for
      that....

      Since so many Richedit fixes are in this version, I ran winecfg and
      changed all the richedit dlls to default to the builtins for Wine and
      ran NoteTab Light.

      NoteTab Standard 4.95 seemed to work better than I recalled. NoteTab
      Light 4.61 ran fine. I could drag and highlight just fine, but
      double-click would not highlight a word.

      It appears that Light/Standard ought to be useable without having to
      have Windows native richedit dlls.

      I then checked for an update for my Debian 4.0 (Etch) machine, to see
      if something is available newer than 0.9.58. Somehow Etch does not
      have the latest version of Wine. I will keep digging and see. Since
      Ubuntu is based off Debian, I am curious to see how the newest version
      of Wine behaves.