More testing of wine-0.9.58

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2008
      Last night I installed wine-0.9.58 and NoteTab Pro 5.61 on Xubuntu
      Gutsy in Virtual Box and on a fresh install of Ubuntu Gutsy on an old
      Dell.

      XFCE seems to use shades instead of the panel to minimize applications.
      Minimizing NoteTab in the shade format works fine. If there is a way
      to get XFCE to put apps in the panel, please tell me how so I can test
      further.

      The fresh install of Ubuntu produced the same results as the other
      installs of Wine/NoteTab that I have done on Ubuntu. The icons are
      present in the upper right corner but there is no way to
      minimize/maximize because NoteTab does not appear on the panel when it
      is opened and running. Attempts to minimize, send NoteTab into a big
      black hole - there is no way to get it back. The process needs to be
      killed making it pretty unusable.

      If NoteTab works with KDE, then this is probably an issue with Gnome.
      I'll post something about the bug later this afternoon in the AppDB .

      Sister

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2008
        Oops. I meant wine-0.9.59, of course. Corrected now.