[wine] New Wine 0.9.58 Released

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21, 2008
      Wine 0.9.58 was released today.

      It is not yet available as a Slackware package, so I cannot test it.

      There are a lot of Richedit fixes. This will affect NoteTab Light and
      Standard, hopefully for the better.

      There are also a lot of bug fixes, see this link for details:
      http://winehq.org/?announce=0.9.58. I am not sure what all the
      shorthand means, but perhaps it will help some odd issues.

      I'll update once I can download.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 27, 2008
        The Slackware package or Wine 0.9.58 finally came out.

        It did not fix the display issues I have at the bottom of outlines.

        Text (txt) files are still ok.

        Oh, well.

        Larry

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
          Ever since I downgraded to 0.9.4 I can't run clips. I have had to use NTP in VirtualBox, it's the only way I can use it now.

          Well, hopefully one day ...

          Lee

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
            Just found out I can run clips in 0.9.4 but I had to reload the .clb and .ctb files from Windows. Strange ...

            The upgrade just spits out too much garbage at the end of the line many times when I cut and paste.

            Lee

            On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:08:15 -0400 Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

            | Ever since I downgraded to 0.9.4 I can't run clips. I have had to use NTP in VirtualBox, it's the only way I can use it now.
            |
            | Well, hopefully one day ...
            |
            | Lee
            |

            | On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 02:51:16 -0000 "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:
            |
            | | The Slackware package or Wine 0.9.58 finally came out.
            | |
            | | It did not fix the display issues I have at the bottom of outlines.
            | |
            | | Text (txt) files are still ok.
            | |
            | | Oh, well.
            | |
            | | Larry
            | |
            | | --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:
            | | >
            | | > Wine 0.9.58 was released today.
            | | >
            | | > It is not yet available as a Slackware package, so I cannot test it.
            | | >
            | | > There are a lot of Richedit fixes. This will affect NoteTab Light and
            | | > Standard, hopefully for the better.
            | | >
            | | > There are also a lot of bug fixes, see this link for details:
            | | > http://winehq.org/?announce=0.9.58. I am not sure what all the
            | | > shorthand means, but perhaps it will help some odd issues.
            | | >
            | | > I'll update once I can download.
            | | >
            | | > Larry
            | |
            | |
            | |
            | |
            | |

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
              I just added 5 new posts to a web page and the end-of-line garbage only
              happened once. The 'empty frame' thing still happens but not as often.
              Since I'm not doing a lot these days, I can live with the quirks.

              I'm going to be putting together a new Linux-only box probably in May
              after Hardy is released. It will be interesting to see what happens on
              a clean install.

              OFF TOPIC . . . Can we talk hardware? I am going to recycle the two
              250GB SATA drives, USRobotics modem, CD/DVD-RW and NIC from my current
              box. So I'll need a case (really liking this one -
              http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=94002), motherboard
              (since my current ASUS needed replacement TWICE, I'll probably go
              Intel), processor (Intel), video card (nVidia) and memory. I'm think
              I'll do RAID 0 for backup. Any suggestions?

              --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

              > Just found out I can run clips in 0.9.4 but I had to reload the .clb
              > and .ctb files from Windows. Strange ...
              >
              > The upgrade just spits out too much garbage at the end of the line
              > many times when I cut and paste.
              >
              > Lee
              >

              > On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:08:15 -0400 Lee Underwood <leeu@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > | Ever since I downgraded to 0.9.4 I can't run clips. I have had to
              > use NTP in VirtualBox, it's the only way I can use it now.
              > |
              > | Well, hopefully one day ...
              > |
              > | Lee
              > |

              > | On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 02:51:16 -0000 "lm_hamilton"
              > <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:
              > |
              > | | The Slackware package or Wine 0.9.58 finally came out.
              > | |
              > | | It did not fix the display issues I have at the bottom of
              > outlines.
              > | |
              > | | Text (txt) files are still ok.
              > | |
              > | | Oh, well.
              > | |
              > | | Larry
              > | |
              > | | --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...>

              > test it.

              > Light and

              > | |
              > | |

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
                I think a clean install will be a big help.

                Hardware is not my strong suit. I have not yet built
                my own system from scratch. Someday....