Re: [ntb-linux] [wine] Re: This list may be getting some press so start posting!!

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007

      > I believe that's the Dallas, TX LUG, right? It is one of the bigger
      > ones, and has several influential members of the Linux community.

      Dallas? OMG,no!!! Try Austin. ;)

      > Be sure and use the threads I set up for
      > solutions/workarounds,
      > or known issues, as appropriate.

      I just posted a long list!

      > I want to use these threads for
      > building a FAQ to help others. Such information will also help get
      > things done for Wine to play nicer with NoteTab on WineHQ.

      This is going to be a great project!!

      > I'm showing my age, here. A bit of the theme song to a TV show I
      > loved
      > as a little kid, "F Troop", came to mind. "With a bang and a boom!"
      > ;-)

      "F Troop"? Nah! Try Howdy Doody and The Lone Ranger . . . LOL!!!!

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007

        > --- lm_hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:
        >

        > > I believe that's the Dallas, TX LUG, right? It is
        > one of the bigger
        > > ones, and has several influential members of the
        > Linux community.
        > >

        > Dallas? OMG,no!!! Try Austin. ;)

        It's late and I'm going from memory. At least I had a
        city in Texas. ;-)

        > > Be sure and use the threads I set up for
        > > solutions/workarounds,
        > > or known issues, as appropriate.
        >
        > I just posted a long list!

        Yup! I was able to duplicate a couple of things. See
        my reply to that post.

        > This is going to be a great project!!

        Of course!

        > "F Troop"? Nah! Try Howdy Doody and The Lone Ranger
        > . . . LOL!!!!

        I grew up on re-runs of the Lone Ranger.

        When my Mom was sick in the hospital before she died,
        the doctor about her same age could not believe she
        did not grow up with Howdy Doody, when he made some
        reference from the show. She grew up in southeaster
        Colorado. TV stations were too far away to make a TV
        more than a fancy table. ;-)

        My kids look at me like I'm from Mars when I reference
        a common thing from old TV shows. My 15 year old is
        into 80's music, back from my high school and college
        days. He's more into heavy metal, which I wasn't and
        still am not into. It reminds me of when I still had
        hair. ;-)

        http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html