Re: New Wine 0.9.55 Released

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
      --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

      > I see that the Wine developers are busy and released a new version of
      > Wine yesterday.

      I updated my Slackware 12 box to Wine 0.9.55, and I still have the
      cursor issue at the bottom of the page, only on otl files, and NOT on
      text files.

      I will try changing my window manager and see if that makes a difference.

      I checked and the Debian version of the newest Wine is not yet
      available, but I will also try changing Window managers, to see if
      there is a difference.

      I have to help a retired neighbor with her taxes, so I'll get back to
      testing tonight or tomorrow.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 20, 2008
        Just got the upgrade ... no change here.

        Lee

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 20, 2008
          Whoops, spoke too soon. I tried to print a document and the program closed down and won't re-start. When I tried running "wineprefixcreate" (which I had already run after the upgrade) I received the following errors:

          fixme:shell:StopWatchMode () stub!
          fixme:shell:SHCreateShellPalette stub
          fixme:shell:MLLoadLibraryA ("inetres.dll",0x76150000,0) semi-stub!
          err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
          err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
          fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L"Print"): stub
          fixme:winsock:convert_af_w2u unhandled Windows address family 26
          fixme:winsock:WSASocketW Unsupported socket family -1!
          fixme:winsock:convert_af_w2u unhandled Windows address family 26
          fixme:winsock:WSASocketW Unsupported socket family -1!
          fixme:winsock:convert_af_w2u unhandled Windows address family 26
          fixme:winsock:WSASocketW Unsupported socket family -1!
          fixme:ds:DsRoleGetPrimaryDomainInformation ((nil), 1, 0x34b8c4) stub
          fixme:advapi:LsaOpenPolicy ((null),0x34b860,0x00000001,0x34b85c) stub
          fixme:advapi:LsaClose (0xcafe) stub
          fixme:profile:CloseProfileUserMapping (), stub!
          fixme:advapi:ObjectOpenAuditAlarmW stub (L"Spooler",0xb40158,L"Server",L"\\\\lee-laptop",0x781500,0x160,0x00000001,0x00000001,(nil),0,1,0x75bfb4fc)
          fixme:advapi:ObjectCloseAuditAlarmW stub (L"Spooler",0xb40158,0)
          err:winspool:add_printer_driver Failed adding driver "wineps.drv" ("Windows NT x86"): 1805
          fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW Can't create printer L"HL-2060"
          err:winspool:CUPS_LoadPrinters printer 'HL-2060' not added by AddPrinterA (error 1801)
          fixme:advapi:ObjectOpenAuditAlarmW stub (L"Spooler",0xb40158,L"Server",L"\\\\lee-laptop",0x781500,0x160,0x00000001,0x00000001,(nil),0,1,0x75bfb4fc)
          fixme:advapi:ObjectCloseAuditAlarmW stub (L"Spooler",0xb40158,0)
          err:winspool:add_printer_driver Failed adding driver "wineps.drv" ("Windows NT x86"): 1805
          fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW Can't create printer L"PDF"
          err:winspool:CUPS_LoadPrinters printer 'PDF' not added by AddPrinterA (error 1801)
          fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x7cdba9c8, overlapped 0x7cdba9ac): stub
          err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {a9e69610-b80d-11d0-b9b9-00a0c922e750} not registered
          err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {a9e69610-b80d-11d0-b9b9-00a0c922e750} not registered
          err:ole:create_server class {a9e69610-b80d-11d0-b9b9-00a0c922e750} not registered
          fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported
          err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {a9e69610-b80d-11d0-b9b9-00a0c922e750} could be created for context 0x17
          /home/lee/.wine updated successfully.

          Any ideas?
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 26, 2008
            I finally did the upgrade. Haven't noticed any differences here.
            Since I have never printed from NoteTab, I can't speak to the issues
            that Lee is having.

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 26, 2008
              I just went back to a previous version. Works fine now (at least the printing part).

              Lee

              On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:35:37 -0800 (PST) sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:

              | I finally did the upgrade. Haven't noticed any differences here.
              | Since I have never printed from NoteTab, I can't speak to the issues
              | that Lee is having.

              | > version of
              | > |
              | > | I updated my Slackware 12 box to Wine 0.9.55, and I still have the
              | > | cursor issue at the bottom of the page, only on otl files, and NOT
              | > on
              | > | text files.
              | > |
              | > | I will try changing my window manager and see if that makes a
              | > difference.
              | > |
              | > | I checked and the Debian version of the newest Wine is not yet
              | > | available, but I will also try changing Window managers, to see if
              | > | there is a difference.
              | > |