New Wine 0.9.55 Released

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
      I see that the Wine developers are busy and released a new version of
      Wine yesterday.

      From the home page, it mentions two things that will benefit NoteTab.
      One will help Std/Light, and the other Pro.

      This item will have an effect on Standard/Light, as they rely on the
      Richedit dlls.
      Beginnings of support for OLE objects in Richedit.

      This description leads me to believe it *may* help with display issues
      in Pro:
      Several fixes to the animation control.

      I scanned through all the details of the Announcement page, and
      several things were done that affect font rendering. Not knowing
      exactly what this means, I can only hope.

      The Slackware update is available, so I will install and post ASAP. I
      will then check for the Debian update. Hopefully we are getting close
      to having all our issues solved.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
        --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

        > I see that the Wine developers are busy and released a new version of
        > Wine yesterday.

        I updated my Slackware 12 box to Wine 0.9.55, and I still have the
        cursor issue at the bottom of the page, only on otl files, and NOT on
        text files.

        I will try changing my window manager and see if that makes a difference.

        I checked and the Debian version of the newest Wine is not yet
        available, but I will also try changing Window managers, to see if
        there is a difference.

        I have to help a retired neighbor with her taxes, so I'll get back to
        testing tonight or tomorrow.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 20, 2008
          Just got the upgrade ... no change here.

          Lee

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20, 2008
            Whoops, spoke too soon. I tried to print a document and the program closed down and won't re-start. When I tried running "wineprefixcreate" (which I had already run after the upgrade) I received the following errors:

            fixme:shell:StopWatchMode () stub!
            fixme:shell:SHCreateShellPalette stub
            fixme:shell:MLLoadLibraryA ("inetres.dll",0x76150000,0) semi-stub!
            err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
            err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
            fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L"Print"): stub
            fixme:winsock:convert_af_w2u unhandled Windows address family 26
            fixme:winsock:WSASocketW Unsupported socket family -1!
            fixme:winsock:convert_af_w2u unhandled Windows address family 26
            fixme:winsock:WSASocketW Unsupported socket family -1!
            fixme:winsock:convert_af_w2u unhandled Windows address family 26
            fixme:winsock:WSASocketW Unsupported socket family -1!
            fixme:ds:DsRoleGetPrimaryDomainInformation ((nil), 1, 0x34b8c4) stub
            fixme:advapi:LsaOpenPolicy ((null),0x34b860,0x00000001,0x34b85c) stub
            fixme:advapi:LsaClose (0xcafe) stub
            fixme:profile:CloseProfileUserMapping (), stub!
            fixme:advapi:ObjectOpenAuditAlarmW stub (L"Spooler",0xb40158,L"Server",L"\\\\lee-laptop",0x781500,0x160,0x00000001,0x00000001,(nil),0,1,0x75bfb4fc)
            fixme:advapi:ObjectCloseAuditAlarmW stub (L"Spooler",0xb40158,0)
            err:winspool:add_printer_driver Failed adding driver "wineps.drv" ("Windows NT x86"): 1805
            fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW Can't create printer L"HL-2060"
            err:winspool:CUPS_LoadPrinters printer 'HL-2060' not added by AddPrinterA (error 1801)
            fixme:advapi:ObjectOpenAuditAlarmW stub (L"Spooler",0xb40158,L"Server",L"\\\\lee-laptop",0x781500,0x160,0x00000001,0x00000001,(nil),0,1,0x75bfb4fc)
            fixme:advapi:ObjectCloseAuditAlarmW stub (L"Spooler",0xb40158,0)
            err:winspool:add_printer_driver Failed adding driver "wineps.drv" ("Windows NT x86"): 1805
            fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW Can't create printer L"PDF"
            err:winspool:CUPS_LoadPrinters printer 'PDF' not added by AddPrinterA (error 1801)
            fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x7cdba9c8, overlapped 0x7cdba9ac): stub
            err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {a9e69610-b80d-11d0-b9b9-00a0c922e750} not registered
            err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {a9e69610-b80d-11d0-b9b9-00a0c922e750} not registered
            err:ole:create_server class {a9e69610-b80d-11d0-b9b9-00a0c922e750} not registered
            fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported
            err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {a9e69610-b80d-11d0-b9b9-00a0c922e750} could be created for context 0x17
            /home/lee/.wine updated successfully.

            Any ideas?
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 26, 2008
              I finally did the upgrade. Haven't noticed any differences here.
              Since I have never printed from NoteTab, I can't speak to the issues
              that Lee is having.

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 26, 2008
                I just went back to a previous version. Works fine now (at least the printing part).

                Lee

                On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:35:37 -0800 (PST) sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:

                | I finally did the upgrade. Haven't noticed any differences here.
                | Since I have never printed from NoteTab, I can't speak to the issues
                | that Lee is having.

                | > version of
                | > |
                | > | I updated my Slackware 12 box to Wine 0.9.55, and I still have the
                | > | cursor issue at the bottom of the page, only on otl files, and NOT
                | > on
                | > | text files.
                | > |
                | > | I will try changing my window manager and see if that makes a
                | > difference.
                | > |
                | > | I checked and the Debian version of the newest Wine is not yet
                | > | available, but I will also try changing Window managers, to see if
                | > | there is a difference.
                | > |