Re: [ntb-linux] Re: wine-0.9.54 report

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
      Here too.

      --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, the interesting thing is, when I'm highlighting text and
      > scrolling up/down, it works fine.
      >
      > Lee
      >

      > On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:16:32 -0000 "lm_hamilton"
      > <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:
      >
      > | I updated to wine 0.9.54 on my Slackware box yesterday.
      > |
      > | On a text file I do not have the problem at the bottom of the page.
      > |
      > | On an outline, I do have the problem at the bottom of the page.
      > |
      > | There must be some combination of kernel version, distribution, and
      > | hardware that affects this, as I have never had the problem at the
      > top
      > | of the page.
      > |
      > | I updated my Debian box too, but as yet no time to test.
      > |
      > | Things have slowed down, so I will check it out and report back
      > ASAP.
      > |
      > | Larry
      > |
      > | --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@...>
      > wrote:
      > | >
      > | > I upgraded to wine-0.9.54 yesterday and the funny cursor issue is
      > still
      > | > there. It didn't break anything in NoteTab though and it did fix
      > | > minor font rendering issue in the Photoshop GUI.
      > | >
      > | > Anybody else done the upgrade?
      > |

      > | Yahoo! Groups Links

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
        I finally updated my Debian PC and I still only have the problem at
        the bottom of the file.

        However, it is on text files, and outlines are fine - the exact
        opposite of my Slackware PC.

        I guess we need to determine what window managers are being used.

        On Slackware, I am using xfce (4.2?). On Debian, I am using Gnome (I
        need to check the version.). I can try switching to different window
        managers and see if that makes a difference. I suspect it will, as
        this has something to do with the display.

        If any of you give it a try, let use know the results, and what
        version of the window manager.

        Larry