Re: [ntb-linux] Re: wine-0.9.54 report

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
      Yeah, the interesting thing is, when I'm highlighting text and scrolling up/down, it works fine.

      Lee

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
        Here too.

        --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, the interesting thing is, when I'm highlighting text and
        > scrolling up/down, it works fine.
        >
        > Lee
        >

        > On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:16:32 -0000 "lm_hamilton"
        > <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:
        >
        > | I updated to wine 0.9.54 on my Slackware box yesterday.
        > |
        > | On a text file I do not have the problem at the bottom of the page.
        > |
        > | On an outline, I do have the problem at the bottom of the page.
        > |
        > | There must be some combination of kernel version, distribution, and
        > | hardware that affects this, as I have never had the problem at the
        > top
        > | of the page.
        > |
        > | I updated my Debian box too, but as yet no time to test.
        > |
        > | Things have slowed down, so I will check it out and report back
        > ASAP.
        > |
        > | Larry
        > |
        > | --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@...>
        > wrote:
        > | >
        > | > I upgraded to wine-0.9.54 yesterday and the funny cursor issue is
        > still
        > | > there. It didn't break anything in NoteTab though and it did fix
        > | > minor font rendering issue in the Photoshop GUI.
        > | >
        > | > Anybody else done the upgrade?
        > |

        > | Yahoo! Groups Links

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
          I finally updated my Debian PC and I still only have the problem at
          the bottom of the file.

          However, it is on text files, and outlines are fine - the exact
          opposite of my Slackware PC.

          I guess we need to determine what window managers are being used.

          On Slackware, I am using xfce (4.2?). On Debian, I am using Gnome (I
          need to check the version.). I can try switching to different window
          managers and see if that makes a difference. I suspect it will, as
          this has something to do with the display.

          If any of you give it a try, let use know the results, and what
          version of the window manager.

          Larry