wine-0.9.54 report

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2008
      I upgraded to wine-0.9.54 yesterday and the funny cursor issue is still
      there. It didn't break anything in NoteTab though and it did fix a
      minor font rendering issue in the Photoshop GUI.

      Anybody else done the upgrade?

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2008
        I updated to wine 0.9.54 on my Slackware box yesterday.

        On a text file I do not have the problem at the bottom of the page.

        On an outline, I do have the problem at the bottom of the page.

        There must be some combination of kernel version, distribution, and
        hardware that affects this, as I have never had the problem at the top
        of the page.

        I updated my Debian box too, but as yet no time to test.

        Things have slowed down, so I will check it out and report back ASAP.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
          Yeah, the interesting thing is, when I'm highlighting text and scrolling up/down, it works fine.

          Lee

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
            Here too.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
              I finally updated my Debian PC and I still only have the problem at
              the bottom of the file.

              However, it is on text files, and outlines are fine - the exact
              opposite of my Slackware PC.

              I guess we need to determine what window managers are being used.

              On Slackware, I am using xfce (4.2?). On Debian, I am using Gnome (I
              need to check the version.). I can try switching to different window
              managers and see if that makes a difference. I suspect it will, as
              this has something to do with the display.

              If any of you give it a try, let use know the results, and what
              version of the window manager.

              Larry