Oh joy . . . access violation error

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
      HELP! I upgraded to Wine 0.9.53 a few days ago. Today I was updating
      a site and things started to get funky. After running Tidy (from a
      clip that one of you veterans helped with a few years ago) I started
      getting this popup and basically couldn't do a thing until I rebooted -
      couldn't save anything, libraries wouldn't open, etc.:

      "Access violation at address 00409BC4 in module 'NotePro.exe'. Read of
      address 6E686369"

      I never gotten this error before. I had saved the Wine 0.9.52 folder
      and switched them out but it's buggered there now too. Maybe because
      that's not the proper way to revert to Wine 0.9.52. Larry, I bet
      you'll know how to do it properly.

      Any ideas? Do I need to access Tidy some other way or use a different
      version? Or do I need to tweak something in the application data
      files?

      Sister

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
        Tidy seems to be running OK from the NT Tools menu now. I also
        reinstated the 0.9.53 folder. More experiments to come . . .

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2008

          > Tidy seems to be running OK from the NT Tools menu
          > now. I also
          > reinstated the 0.9.53 folder. More experiments to
          > come . . .

          I've not tried to run Tidy from NoteTab in Wine for
          some time. I suggest if you have a configuration that
          works, copy the .wine directory before an upgrade to
          Wine, just in case.

          Keep us posted on how it turns out.

          Be a better friend, newshound, and