[wine] Re: cursor "problem" confirmed!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2008

      > Lee, I think I am finally seeing the cursor behavior you were
      > describing!!!!
      >
      > Here's how to duplicate it:
      >
      > 1. Place the cursor at the beginning of a line a few up from the
      > bottom.
      >
      > 2. Start moving the cursor down with the arrow key.
      >
      > 3. When the cursor gets to the bottom the page, the cursor jumps up two
      > lines as Lee has described.
      >
      > 4. The same behavior happens using the up arrow key to move the cursor
      > towards the top of the page except the cursor jumps the other
      > direction.
      >
      > 5. If you continue hitting the up or down arrow the cursor continues to
      > move up or down one additional line in the opposite direction for each
      > key stroke.
      >
      > Larry, can you reproduce this behavior?
      >
      > Sister
      >
      > PS BTW, running NoteTab Pro 5.5 on Wine 0.9.52

      Sister,

      I can get the issue to happen at the bottom of the page, as I have
      mentioned many times. I have not found a solution.

      The interesting thing, is that NoteTab knows that the cursor is at the
      last line, is you type something, it adds it at the end of the file as
      expected.

      Trying your steps to reproduce the issue does not work for me.

      I can only make it happen at the bottom of the page if I put the
      cursor at the end of the file and press enter. Start typing and the
      characters go at the expected place.

      This is with Pro 5.5, Wine 0.9.51, on Slackware 12.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2008
        I just discovered that hitting 'backspace' returns the cursor to it's
        proper position.

        > Sister,
        >
        > I can get the issue to happen at the bottom of the page, as I have
        > mentioned many times. I have not found a solution.
        >
        > The interesting thing, is that NoteTab knows that the cursor is at
        > the
        > last line, is you type something, it adds it at the end of the file
        > as
        > expected.
        >
        > Trying your steps to reproduce the issue does not work for me.
        >
        > I can only make it happen at the bottom of the page if I put the
        > cursor at the end of the file and press enter. Start typing and the
        > characters go at the expected place.
        >
        > This is with Pro 5.5, Wine 0.9.51, on Slackware 12.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Gerard Huijing
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2008
          sisterscape wrote:

          > I just discovered that hitting 'backspace' returns the cursor to it's
          > proper position.
          >
          > --- lm_hamilton <lm_hamilton@... <mailto:lm_hamilton%40yahoo.com>>
          > wrote:
          >>
          >> Sister,
          >>
          >> I can get the issue to happen at the bottom of the page, as I have
          >> mentioned many times. I have not found a solution.
          >>
          >> The interesting thing, is that NoteTab knows that the cursor is at
          >> the
          >> last line, is you type something, it adds it at the end of the file
          >> as
          >> expected.
          >>
          >> Trying your steps to reproduce the issue does not work for me.
          >>
          >> I can only make it happen at the bottom of the page if I put the
          >> cursor at the end of the file and press enter. Start typing and the
          >> characters go at the expected place.
          >>
          >> This is with Pro 5.5, Wine 0.9.51, on Slackware 12.
          >>
          >> Larry

          I cannot reproduce the odd cursor behaviour using wine & ntb pro 5.5
          under opensuse 10.3_64. NTB works, at least regarding this issue,
          exactly as it should.

          More than this very general finding I cannot give you, I'm afraid.

          --
          Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
          2312 ZD Leiden