Re: [ntb-linux] [wine] Themes in Ubuntu - Via LifeHacker

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
      I have the 0.9.52 update and still no changes. I still have the cursor problem at the top and bottom. Just learning to live with it, I guess.

      Larry, could you run down your winecfg set-up one more time, including dlls? That "might" help.

      Lee

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
        Lee are you running NT Pro?

        Have you tried deleting your .wine folder and reinstalling? NT Pro is
        working fine here except for the bug where you need to slide the cursor
        off the library tab to switch from one to another.

        --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

        > I have the 0.9.52 update and still no changes. I still have the
        > cursor problem at the top and bottom. Just learning to live with it,
        > I guess.
        >
        > Larry, could you run down your winecfg set-up one more time,
        > including dlls? That "might" help.
        >
        > Lee
        >

        > On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 10:25:56 -0800 (PST) sisterscape
        > <sisterscape@...> wrote:
        >
        > | Ever since I reinstalled everything on Wine 0.9.51, I haven't had
        > one
        > | glitch. That's without any tweaking of winecfg. (Hope that doesn't
        > jinx
        > | things!)
        > |
        > | Everything is still running smoothly after the 0.9.52 update too.

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
          Yes, I just tried it. I can now print (which was a minor problem) but the cursor problem remains.

          Lee

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
            When I start NoteTab Pro from the command line, then move the cursor around, I get the following error:

            fixme:tab:TAB_SetCurFocus Should set input focus

            Anybody know how to fix it?

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008

              > When I start NoteTab Pro from the command line, then move the cursor
              around, I get the following error:

              > fixme:tab:TAB_SetCurFocus Should set input focus
              >
              > Anybody know how to fix it?

              The Fixme messages indicate a placeholder for things the Wind
              developers need to fix. They have come and gone for the last few Wine
              Updates.

              We have a winter thunderstorm so I'm going offline tonight.

              Will update to the latest Wine later.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
                Nice to know I'm not alone. This guy is having the same problem (slide down to "Printing English vi"). I'm not ready to give up, though.

                http://techlish.livejournal.com/tag/linux

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 8, 2008

                  NoteTab Pro does not require any native dlls, only
                  Light and Standard.

                  Instead of deleting the .wine directory and
                  re-installing, running the command wineprefixcreate
                  will "refresh" the .wine directory.

                  I have less of an issue with the cursor at the bottom
                  of the screen on 0.9.51. I have never been able to
                  duplicate your issue at the top of the screen.

                  I will try to install 0.9.52 tonight.

                  Larry

                  --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

                  > I have the 0.9.52 update and still no changes. I
                  > still have the cursor problem at the top and bottom.
                  > Just learning to live with it, I guess.
                  >
                  > Larry, could you run down your winecfg set-up one
                  > more time, including dlls? That "might" help.

                  Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 8, 2008
                    --- Larry Hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

                    > Instead of deleting the .wine directory and
                    > re-installing, running the command wineprefixcreate
                    > will "refresh" the .wine directory.

                    FWIW, running that command did not fix my funky Photoshop installation.
                    I had to delete the .wine directory and reinstall. Doesn't hurt to
                    try though.

                    Looking for last minute shopping deals?