Re: [ntb-linux] NoteTab still unstable (and pretty unusable)

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 15, 2007
      Last time I tried Pro, I didn't care for it very much but I decided to
      give it another try. It is now running in Wine. You're right that Pro
      doesn't have the garbled text issue. Hallelujah!!! All in all it seems
      pretty solid. The only minor annoyance is the need to move the cursor
      out of frame when changing libraries. Unless something major appears,
      I'll just switch to Pro. Yeah, I'm a slow learner . . .

      I also installed the Crossover trial. Photoshop is less quirky but I
      don't know whether that alone is worth the cost. I installed NT Light
      too but it wouldn't launch. I'll need to do a little more
      investigating about that.

      Just spending the night experimenting with this and that . . .

      sisterscape

      --- Larry Hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

      > I know that NoteTab Pro does not have this issue, for
      > me anyway. Is there some reason not to use Pro?

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • John Walling
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 16, 2007
        I have been running NTP for 1 week.  I am not a power user so I may be working in the "safe zone".  I depend on the outline function and it works well.

        John
        ---------------------------------
        FireFox 2.0.0.11
        Gnome 2.20.1
        NoteTab Pro (Trial) 5.41
        Ubuntu 7.10
        Wine 0.9.51

        sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:
        After trying to use NoteTab in Wine for some months now, I've concluded
        that the problem with text not reassembling properly after cut and/or
        paste is just too much to deal with. NoteTab is OK for minor
        adjustments but just isn't up to major amounts of editing.

        I had to do a major update to a site and gave up on NoteTab/Wine and
        had to boot XP to get the job done. Ugh.

        I never did install the Crossover trial to see if NoteTab and Photoshop
        would work better in that environment. I'll try to do that soon and
        report back.

        sisterscape