592Re: black border interfering with edit area

    Aug 11, 2011
      No problems on my home PC using Firefox on Ubuntu.

      When I have weird unexplained problems helping clients with the various software I support in my day job (accounting & payroll) I call it a "Twighlight Zone Issue". I like to have answers and clients often demand them, but if you can't find the circumstances that led to the cause, then the answer is, "I don't know".

      I hate that answer.

      I spent 6 hours on an "issue" over several days because totals were changing for a client. Pulled in a copy of their data so I could play with it, and finally narrowed it down to they changed the way they had some things configured, but did not change their process to match how it now works. I like how "nothing has changed", leads to something wrong with the software. They can keep their old procedure if they don't change their configuration, or keep the configuration if they change their procedures.

      Now if I could just make that border thing appear to help those affected, but it seems to be a display/video related issue.

      I like puzzles, but need all the pieces to hope to figure out this one.

      ~ Larry

      --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, Al <acummingsus@...> wrote:

      > An older Firefox on Slackware 12.2 it took me 15 minutes late last night
      > to get logged on to my yahoogroups.
      >
      > it rejected my correct user and correct password as invalid
      >
      > it then brought up graphic with alpha numeric string for me to enter
      >
      > repeat times 6
      >
      > Then clicked on lost my password whereby it told me I incorrectly
      > entered the alpha numeric string is the problem not my password (after
      > it rejected that password times 6 or more).
      >
      > Finally it took and logged me on. But I'd changed nothing.
      >
      > Power flickers, motherboard conductivity problems, overloaded, glitch in
      > the sql of its database records, hard drive didn't write correctly to
      > one spot on disk -- IOW it looks to me like yahoo's server(s) were
      > having reality alteration things going on. Otherwise known as whacko
      >
      > --
      > Alan.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic