586Re: [ntb-linux] Re: black border interfering with edit area

  • Al
    Aug 10, 2011
      composite or compositing is probably yet towards new in Linux.

      And since Ubuntu likes to advance on the latest, I'd put money on it
      that Ubuntu has composite enabled by default.

      Not that it is your problem for I do not know. But some specific video
      hardwares/video drivers do not get along so well with compositing. And,
      thus, some people turn off the compositing which in these cases
      sometimes gives them better video than, say, "just a bit of an
      accident/oops" which is what they had for video before they turned off
      the compositing.

      Use at your own risk.

      http://www.google.com/webhp#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=webhp&source=hp&q=linux+disable+compositing&pbx=1&oq=linux+disable+compositing&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=4874l20296l0l21249l25l25l0l7l7l0l297l2707l4.10.4l18l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f8762d46b80ffe5d&biw=1272&bih=829

      --
      Alan.

      > Just to repeat my info for this problem.
      >
      > I've got notetab installed on two different machines. My desktop, and
      > by laptop. Both machines are running ubuntu, both updated. The desktop
      > works fine, but the laptop shows this highly annoying black border.
      > This has persisted across ubuntu upgrades. Last time I commented on
      > this both the desktop and laptop were on Ubuntu 10.0, now I'm running 11.04

      > Desktop that has no black border:
      >
      > Date: August 11, 2011
      > Hardware: HP Pavillion a1600n (desktop)
      > Processor: i686 athlon i386
      > RAM: 936MB
      > Operating System: Linux 2.6.38-10-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28
      > 15:05:41 UTC 2011
      >
      > Window Manager: Gnome
      > Type: NTP
      > Name: NoteTab Pro 6.2
      > Wine: wine-1.2.2
      >
      > Wine Thinks This is:
      > Platform: Win32_NT
      > Version: WinXP

      > Laptop that HAS an ugly and frustrating black border:
      >
      > Hardware: HP G60-441 laptop
      > Processor: x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
      > RAM: 2950MB
      > Operating System: Linux 2.6.38-10-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28
      > 15:07:17 UTC 2011
      >
      > Window Manager: Gnome
      > Type: NTP
      > Name: NoteTab Pro 6.2
      > Wine: wine-1.2.2
      >
      > Wine Thinks This is:
      > Platform: Win32_NT
      > Version: WinXP

      > Wish I had a clue as to what was causing this, because it makes notetab
      > almost unusable on the laptop.
      >
      > Donald
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic