      linux.clb reports:

      Date: February 11, 2011
      Hardware: Generic
      Processor: i686 unknown unknown
      RAM: 1219MB
      Operating System: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic #33-Ubuntu SMP Sun Sep 19 20:34:50 UTC 2010
      Window Manager: Gnome
      Type: NTP
      Name: NoteTab Pro 6.2
      Wine: wine-1.2.2

      Wine Thinks This is:
      Platform: Win32_NT
      Version: WinXP

      I think I only noticed this black border artifact after upgrading my motherboard (with built-in video).

      Regards,
      MarkH

      --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, Larry Hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

      > Alan,
      >
      > Go point. I did not think of that. I believe we earlier had a few who had some issues a while back that seemed to be driver related.
      >
      > I'm Running Ubuntu 10.10 and don't have a problem, but it is a desktop. Laptops have different video hardware, etc. Ubuntu is usually good at supporting a broad range of hardware, and should work fine on newer laptops.
      >
      > Sean - Is this a newer laptop? As Alan suggests, trying a change of setting on the video driver may help.
      >
      > Larry

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic