507Re: [ntb-linux] Re: Ubuntu default text editor

    Jul 16, 2010
      I have always had problems trying to get this working so gave up years ago. I keep NoteTab in the Gnome panel and just work from there when I want to do serious editing - html, php etc. For just everyday text files, I use gedit. Part of the reason is that NoteTab requires an extension to save a text file while Linux doesn't and I like to keep all my text files with the name only. But then I don't have to use them on Windows because I am 99.9% Linux only . . .

      Lee, I am also on Hardy (just finally upgraded a few weeks ago) and running Wine 1.0 because some of the newer versions weren't working quite right. Ya know . . . if it works . . .

      I tested Lucid but the boot/splash/login really suck and are not very customizable at this point. Since Gutsy the whole boot/login process has been harmonized with my desktop wallpaper and it is a thing of beauty! That ugly sequence in Lucid may drive me to another distro!! Well that and Grub2 also . . .