502Re: Ubuntu default text editor

    Jul 15, 2010
      It is actually simple.

      Right-Click a text file
      Left-Click Properties
      Go to the Open With tab
      Click the Add button
      Click the plus sign next to "Use a custom command"
      This will open a command line with a browse button.
      Click brows and navigate to the desired editor.

      For NoteTab Pro, for example, the path will be (Case Sensitive!!):

      NOTE: Directories starting with a period (.) are hidden, so you will either need to type the full path or tell the system browser (Nautilus) to show hidden files by Right-Clicking a blank area in the window, then click Show hidden files.

      /home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NoteTab Pro 6/NotePro.exe

      HTH,

      ~ Larry

      --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "bizshop1" <linux@...> wrote:

      > Fairly new to ubuntu - using Lucid (10.4)
      >
      > Have installed Notetab Pro full version with Wine - but how do I get it to be the default text editor?

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic