470Out of the Loop

    Nov 17, 2009
      I've been away from the list for a few weeks now. I have not been able to check the last couple of Wine updates.

      My Dad went into the hospital in October. He was there a week, when I went out to help my sister who was getting the run around.

      Long story short, he only had one kidney and it failed. There was nothing more that could be done. He passed on the 10th. I just got back home last night. The good news is that he is no longer in pain, and is finally with Mom, who he has missed so terribly the last four years. He was in bad health the last 39 years, since I was six, and was almost 74. We said goodbye to him many times over the years. We always thought he would go before Mom. Losing him was tough, but nowhere near as wrenching as when we lost Mom.

      I have a lot that has backed up on the home front over the last couple of weeks, so will not have time to try the latest version of Wine for a while. Probably not until the next update or so.

      I am doing fine, just tired and run down from a couple overnights in the waiting room, and too much junk food, and two 12 hour drives. I just don't bounce back like I used to.