441Re: Wine / Ubuntu/ NoteTab

    Aug 2, 2009
      This post on the Ubuntu forums is by Lee, one of the members of this group.

      I run Ubuntu now (Jaunty) and NoteTab Pro 6.12 and I only have an issue at the bottom of the screen where the apparent position of the cursor display is not in sync with where it actually is, after one presses ENTER. If you start typing, the cursor display moves to the actual cursor position. I also have seen this on Debian and Slackware.

      This is one of the persistent issues that we have reported to the folks at the Wine project. Earlier versions of Wine did not have it.

      This is also one of the issues that prompted me to write the clip for gathering information about our systems, to get more information for the Wine project.

      Signing up for the Wine bug list and voting on bugs highlights them to get more attention from the Wine developers. See the NoteTab pages in the Wine product list, they are on the main ntb-linux yahoo page http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-linux, and the bugs are listed at the bottom of the NoteTab product pages.

      There is a product pages for each type of NoteTab: Light, Standard, and Pro.

      I suspect that some of the issues we have with NoteTab on Linux are the way Delphi code interacts with Wine.

      I can do most of the things I normally do with NoteTab on Wine, and am so used to the minor annoyances we have reported, that I just keep working.

      HTH,

      ~ Larry

      --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rp.2011" <dm0904@...> wrote:

      > Just now I came across this 2007 posting,
      > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3064261#post3064261
      > and decided to post it here. (Sorry if this has been discussed already but am interested in the latest on it.)
      >
      > x-
      > Using NoteTab Pro
      > I was wondering if anybody else was using NoteTab Pro under Wine and having the same problem I am. I am running NoteTab Pro v.5.0 and, for the most part, it works pretty good. However, there is one annoying thing that happens. When the cursor is at the bottom line, pressing the arrow key down causes the cursor to move up two lines (to the third line from the bottom). Each successive pressing of the down arrow causes the cursor to move up one more line. However, when I then press the up arrow key, the cursor moves down to the next to last line. (It happens at the top of the screen also, in reverse.) It's a bit annoying when I'm editing quickly and not watching too close.
      >
      > Any ideas how to fix this?
      > Lee
      > http://leeunderwood.org/
      > -x