323Re: Wine 1.1.4 Released September 5, 2008

    Sep 7, 2008
      Glad to help.

      I finally got back to my Slackware box. Gnome is not available out of
      the box for Slackware, and I do not have the time to jump the hoops to
      get it.

      I run XFCE most of the time, and occasionally KDE.

      Long story short, I do not have a problem with minimizing on Slackware
      with XFCE.

      Debian only has Wine 1.1.1. Using KDE I do not have a problem
      minimizing there. I'll have to see if I can locate a package for
      1.1.4. That or wait for the new Debian later this month.

      I will have to try changing Window Managers on all these boxes. It
      could be just a Gnome thing, or just an Ubuntu thing.

      This is not the first time this has been an issue with different
      Distributions or Window Managers.

      It could be more a Gnome issue. Slackware quit including Gnome, since
      Gnome does some weird things that are "non-standard" for other
      programs in Linux. I do not know all the technical details, but it
      makes Gnome more the culprit based on that. Not proof, but something
      to keep in mind.

      If anyone has Ubuntu and wants to try changing their Window Manager,
      the xwmconfig utility should be accessible from the command line.
      Ubuntu may have a GUI on the menu to do this. Try both KDE and XFCE,
      if you can.

      I am not going to be able to get back to my Ubuntu box tonight. It may
      be Wednesday before I can get to it with all the chaos of kids back in
      school and full tilt. ;-)

      Too many irons in the fire, but I'm slowly getting rid of some....

      Larry Hamilton

      --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, tr6vb6z02@... wrote:
      > It's not going to hamper my use of Notetab most of the time either. I
      > don't minimize very often and it's easy to switch to another desktop.
      > It's just very ODD behavior.
      >
      > thanks for the help!
      >
      > Donald
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic