298Wine 1.1.2 on Slackware 12.1

    Aug 24, 2008
      Last weekend, I made the time to finally upgrade from Slackware 12.0
      to 12.1. This is the first time I tried a Slackware Upgrade.

      A Slackware upgrade is not point & click like other distributions, but
      is not hard. It takes more time to read and understand the directions,
      than to do it. Because of this, when I went from 10.2 to 11.0, and
      11.0 to 12.0, I just did a new install. With a fresh install since my
      /home is on a different drive partition, all my program settings were
      preserved, but still had all the tweaking for the system in general.
      With the upgrade option, there was less tweaking for the general
      system than with a clean install. Now that I know the secret, I'll do
      this for future updates.

      I also took the time to resolve some minor issues I had not resolved
      since upgrading to 12.0. I still have a couple issues, but need to
      make more time to get to them. Nothing that stops the majority of what
      I do, and I can use the CLI until I fix it.

      How does this relate to wine? Well Wine 1.1.2 runs fine on Slackware
      12.1. ;-)

      One change, now both txt and otl files have the mouse pointer position
      issue where the focus is where it should be based on the number of
      times enter is pressed, but is does not appear to move until you start
      typing.

      It also still has the issue with the Library bar, where you have to
      left-click and drag off of it for it not to close the clip area.

      Other things still appear to work.

      I also see that Wine 1.1.3 was released on Friday. I will be
      installing that in a few minutes and report back soon. Here's hoping
      all our problems are solved! ;-)

      Larry Hamilton