263Re: Launching document in Firefox

    Jun 30, 2008
      > Thanks! But I don't really know what to do with this (other than
      change the user name) - where do I put it and will it work when I
      click the launch icon? Sorry, very clip challenged even after all
      these years using NoteTab.
      > I'll go stand in a corner now . . .

      Sister -

      The clip will not affect the F8 key. It must be run as any other clip.

      The clip must be in a clip library, it can be added to an existing
      library or a new library can be created.

      To add a clip to an existing library, highlight and copy the clip, go
      to the desired clip in the clipbar on the left, press F4 to make the
      ClipBar show up. Right-Click on the library, choose "Add New Clip",
      then give the clip a name. (When you close NoteTab, it should ask if
      you want to save the clip, choose yes.)

      The clip must be run when the desired document to view in Firefox is
      in the active NoteTab Document window. Double-click the clip, or add
      it to a clip bar for a button to click.

      To add a clip to the clip bar, drag the clip name to the clip bar.
      This will give you a generic button icon, that you can change to any
      ico or bmp.

      This ought to get you started. More details on clips and the clipbar
      is in the Clip Help File, available off the Help menu. For more
      details on clips, the clip group will get you started.

      I will put my Linux clip library in the files area when I get home. I
      will try to generalize them, so they are not specific to a user, so
      minimal editing is required.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic