198Re: wine-0.9.59 and Compiz

  • eric_fookes
    Apr 14, 2008
      Hi Sister,

      I suspect these issues affect any application that was compiled with
      Borland Delphi. I very much doubt that NoteTab is the only
      application affected.

      Unlike programs created with other compilers, Delphi programs use an
      invisible application window and a main application form that is the
      visible part of the program. The Wine developers need to take this
      special approach into account if they want their product to work
      correctly with all Delphi applications.

      Regards,
      Eric Fookes

      > Anyhoo . . . finally got around to updating Wine to wine-0.9.59. Up
      > top on the application bar there was only an option to close, no
      icons
      > to minimize or maximize. These options were also grayed out on
      right
      > click. There was also no presence on the panel to show that it had
      > loaded and so unable to maximize or minimize from there. This
      makes it
      > totally unusable. Photoshop did not have this glitch.
      >
      > Part of the problem might be Compiz but I have a suspicion that it
      is
      > related to the 'empty frame' thing that has been happening for some
      > time.
      >
      > Anybody else given wine-0.9.59 a spin?
      >
      > Sister
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic