197Re: wine-0.9.59 and Compiz

    Apr 14, 2008
      Sorry, I had not checked WineHQ.org in about two weeks.

      I see the the Slackware package is available, which it had not been as
      of a couple days ago.

      I do not have time to test before going to work. Hopefully tonight.

      I also saw a NoteTab Off Topic posting on the same issue.

      My Ubuntu box does not have the oomph to run Compiz, so I can see if
      it works better for me on that box too.

      Hopefully, I can get to this tonight after work.

      <snip>
      > I'm having a lot of fun with Compiz and rotating desktop cubes etc. :)
      >
      > Anyhoo . . . finally got around to updating Wine to wine-0.9.59. Up
      > top on the application bar there was only an option to close, no icons
      > to minimize or maximize. These options were also grayed out on right
      > click. There was also no presence on the panel to show that it had
      > loaded and so unable to maximize or minimize from there. This makes it
      > totally unusable. Photoshop did not have this glitch.
      >
      > Part of the problem might be Compiz but I have a suspicion that it is
      > related to the 'empty frame' thing that has been happening for some
      > time.
      >
      > Anybody else given wine-0.9.59 a spin?
      >
      > Sister
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic