143Re: A 'Virtual' Solution?

    Mar 7, 2008
      The problem with virtual solutions is that they do not work so well on
      older PCs with lower RAM.

      The up side is that if you have a PC with the horsepower to give good
      performance, this option can "solve" a lot of the issues, since the
      native OS for a program is supported.

      I have heard about Virtual Box, but have not tried it.

      I have tried using Qemu. It seems to be a good option and Debian has a
      GUI to help configure it. I got Win98SE running in Qemu on my 1GHz PC
      with 256 MB RAM, needless to say, it is slowww. NoteTab worked, but I
      did not try printing.

      What I like about using Wine is that it does not have the need for so
      much RAM.

      At some point, I hope to be able to get a new PC that will have the
      power to try these virtual environments and get a usable configuration.

      > Has anyone tried using a virtual program, e.g., "VirtualBox", and
      running Linux and Windows at the same time? That way NoteTab Pro could
      be used in its native environment without jumping though hoops with
      Wine, and Linux is still the main operating system. I have heard very
      good things about VirtualBox, and it's free.