141Re: [ntb-linux] A 'Virtual' Solution?

    Mar 7, 2008
      I was going to use a licensed version of Windows XP. From what I have seen, the new version of VirtualBox handles it all much better than the others, and runs seamlessly at the same time.

      Just out of curiosity, why do you run three different types of Linux at the same time?

      Lee

      On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:14:43 -0800 (PST) sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:

      | I have Fedora 8, Gutsy and Xubuntu running in Virtual Box. I once
      | loaded Win 98SE but there was a glitch with screen resolution and color
      | adjustment that was more trouble than it was worth to figure out how to
      | fix (if it was even possible).
      |
      | Remember that if you run XP in VB, you'll need a separate license
      | (otherwise the nags will drive you nuts and eventually it will shut
      | down). I would consider it if my video editing program would work but
      | VB doesn't support DirectX (and is not likely to in the near future).

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic