FW:IE5.5

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2000
      10/10/00 19:43:54

      I sent this to Greg...

      When I have had problems before with a greyed out DUN password, I have erased the
      .pwl file, rebooted, blanked the windows password and re-entered the passwords,
      making sure it always dials default. This trick has not worked since putting in IE 5.5. But
      I want the new one because it comes with Print Preview (or I noticed it did, and hadn't
      during an uninstall to the last version of IE). I've been doing a slow overnight "clean" on
      the computer, so I've no idea if the lastest has worked, but having put in IE5.5. the
      Freeserve CD works and I have retrieved my account, hoping that it and its changes
      (remove the rest though, like Favourites filling up) have fixed the fault.

      Adrian Worsfold

      web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      email: adrian@...