RE: [NH] XHTML support

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2000
      Hi Stephen,

      > Two things to help you, both easy.
      > My new version of NoteTab Pro (4.82), under the Modify drop down menu
      > can change
      > everything to xhtml including the ending slashes on img and br, etc. tags. :
      > Modify|Change HTML tags|To XHTML.

      Another Dooh! Why can't I RTFM!

      > If you have a tidy config file, there is a switch " output-xhtml:
      > yes" which will, change the HTML 4.0 tags to good and proper xhtml.

      Mmm! hadn't thought of that. I normally just call HTML TIDY with CTRL-F7 and
      let it do its own thing (which is why I asked recently about the command line
      used). It hadn't occurred to me that I might be able to create a config file
      and get NoteTab to call tidy in the way I want (like using the WORD2000 option
      on some of the files my students generated in WORD97).

      > I am not worried too much about the deprecated attributes in existing
      > documents as I tend to declare everything transitional.

      I just write the code and let the results of a CTRL-F7 add the DTD. If it comes
      up with a "transitional" I will look through what I've produced and make it
      "strict", if I can.

      I have noticed that NoteTab/TIDY doesn't seem to replace a "transitional DTD"
      with a strict one. You have to delete the DTD line and then it will then
      generate a "strict" line next time you call TIDY on an appropriately altered
      file.

      Greg
    • Stephen Riddle
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 11, 2000

        > I have noticed that NoteTab/TIDY doesn't seem to replace a "transitional DTD"
        > with a strict one. You have to delete the DTD line and then it will then
        > generate a "strict" line next time you call TIDY on an appropriately altered
        > file.
        >
        > Greg

        Me learn fum you too