RE: [NH] XHTML support

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2000
      Thanks Jody and others.....

      > >I'm still using NoteTab Pro v4.2/np

      That should have read v4.82/np, of course!

      > Look in Options under HTML Files and see if create XHTML files is
      > what you want.

      Dooh!
      Who's the dummy then?

      > > has anyone out there got a set of libraries and
      > > toolbar buttons set up for XHTML 1.0?

      > There is one written by Grant at
      > http://www.notetab.com/html.htm --> HTML Tags | xhtml.zip

      Turns out I may not need it! But I'll have a look later.

      Thanks again, Trusty Listers!

      Greg
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2000
        Hi Stephen,

        > Two things to help you, both easy.
        > My new version of NoteTab Pro (4.82), under the Modify drop down menu
        > can change
        > everything to xhtml including the ending slashes on img and br, etc. tags. :
        > Modify|Change HTML tags|To XHTML.

        Another Dooh! Why can't I RTFM!

        > If you have a tidy config file, there is a switch " output-xhtml:
        > yes" which will, change the HTML 4.0 tags to good and proper xhtml.

        Mmm! hadn't thought of that. I normally just call HTML TIDY with CTRL-F7 and
        let it do its own thing (which is why I asked recently about the command line
        used). It hadn't occurred to me that I might be able to create a config file
        and get NoteTab to call tidy in the way I want (like using the WORD2000 option
        on some of the files my students generated in WORD97).

        > I am not worried too much about the deprecated attributes in existing
        > documents as I tend to declare everything transitional.

        I just write the code and let the results of a CTRL-F7 add the DTD. If it comes
        up with a "transitional" I will look through what I've produced and make it
        "strict", if I can.

        I have noticed that NoteTab/TIDY doesn't seem to replace a "transitional DTD"
        with a strict one. You have to delete the DTD line and then it will then
        generate a "strict" line next time you call TIDY on an appropriately altered
        file.

        Greg
      • Stephen Riddle
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 11, 2000

          > I have noticed that NoteTab/TIDY doesn't seem to replace a "transitional DTD"
          > with a strict one. You have to delete the DTD line and then it will then
          > generate a "strict" line next time you call TIDY on an appropriately altered
          > file.
          >
          > Greg

          Me learn fum you too