Re: [NH] XHTML support

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2000
      Hi Greg,

      >I'm still using NoteTab Pro v4.2/np and its libraries all have
      >upper case tags and various dialogues include HTML 4.0 deprecated
      >attributes. I know I could re-write them all, but why re-invent
      >the wheel.

      Look in Options under HTML Files and see if create XHTML files is
      what you want. When you click on it Create tags in uppercase
      will become unchecked.

      >Does v4.3 do a better job or has anyone out there got a set of
      >libraries and toolbar buttons set up for XHTML 1.0? Links
      >please?

      No work has been done in that area. Here is the link, but it
      will time out in 14 days:

      http://www.notetab.ch/temp/ntp483b3.zip

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
    • Stephen Riddle
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2000

        > I'm still using NoteTab Pro v4.2/np and its libraries all have upper case tags
        > and various dialogues include HTML 4.0 deprecated attributes. I know I could
        > re-write them all, but why re-invent the wheel.
        >
        > Does v4.3 do a better job or has anyone out there got a set of libraries and
        > toolbar buttons set up for XHTML 1.0? Links please?

        Two things to help you, both easy.
        My new version of NoteTab Pro (4.82), under the Modify drop down menu can change
        everything to xhtml including the ending slashes on img and br, etc. tags. :
        Modify|Change HTML tags|To XHTML.
        If you have a tidy config file, there is a switch " output-xhtml: yes" which will,
        change the HTML 4.0 tags to good and proper xhtml.
        I am not worried too much about the deprecated attributes in existing documents as
        I tend to declare everything transitional.
        Good luck
        Stephen
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2000
          Thanks Jody and others.....

          > >I'm still using NoteTab Pro v4.2/np

          That should have read v4.82/np, of course!

          > Look in Options under HTML Files and see if create XHTML files is
          > what you want.

          Dooh!
          Who's the dummy then?

          > > has anyone out there got a set of libraries and
          > > toolbar buttons set up for XHTML 1.0?

          > There is one written by Grant at
          > http://www.notetab.com/html.htm --> HTML Tags | xhtml.zip

          Turns out I may not need it! But I'll have a look later.

          Thanks again, Trusty Listers!

          Greg
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 10, 2000
            Hi Stephen,

            > Two things to help you, both easy.
            > My new version of NoteTab Pro (4.82), under the Modify drop down menu
            > can change
            > everything to xhtml including the ending slashes on img and br, etc. tags. :
            > Modify|Change HTML tags|To XHTML.

            Another Dooh! Why can't I RTFM!

            > If you have a tidy config file, there is a switch " output-xhtml:
            > yes" which will, change the HTML 4.0 tags to good and proper xhtml.

            Mmm! hadn't thought of that. I normally just call HTML TIDY with CTRL-F7 and
            let it do its own thing (which is why I asked recently about the command line
            used). It hadn't occurred to me that I might be able to create a config file
            and get NoteTab to call tidy in the way I want (like using the WORD2000 option
            on some of the files my students generated in WORD97).

            > I am not worried too much about the deprecated attributes in existing
            > documents as I tend to declare everything transitional.

            I just write the code and let the results of a CTRL-F7 add the DTD. If it comes
            up with a "transitional" I will look through what I've produced and make it
            "strict", if I can.

            I have noticed that NoteTab/TIDY doesn't seem to replace a "transitional DTD"
            with a strict one. You have to delete the DTD line and then it will then
            generate a "strict" line next time you call TIDY on an appropriately altered
            file.

            Greg
          • Stephen Riddle
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 11, 2000

              > I have noticed that NoteTab/TIDY doesn't seem to replace a "transitional DTD"
              > with a strict one. You have to delete the DTD line and then it will then
              > generate a "strict" line next time you call TIDY on an appropriately altered
              > file.
              >
              > Greg

              Me learn fum you too