Re: [NH] XHTML support

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2000
      Hi,

      Greg wrote:
      >Does v4.3 do a better job or has anyone out there got a set of libraries and
      >toolbar buttons set up for XHTML 1.0? Links please?

      There is one written by Grant at
      http://www.notetab.com/html.htm --> HTML Tags | xhtml.zip

      Lotta
    • Gerd Blanke
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2000
        Hi Greg,

        > upper case tags

        in "View > Options > HTML Files" you may turn off uppercase tags.

        Gerd

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 9, 2000
          Hi Greg,

          >I'm still using NoteTab Pro v4.2/np and its libraries all have
          >upper case tags and various dialogues include HTML 4.0 deprecated
          >attributes. I know I could re-write them all, but why re-invent
          >the wheel.

          Look in Options under HTML Files and see if create XHTML files is
          what you want. When you click on it Create tags in uppercase
          will become unchecked.

          >Does v4.3 do a better job or has anyone out there got a set of
          >libraries and toolbar buttons set up for XHTML 1.0? Links
          >please?

          No work has been done in that area. Here is the link, but it
          will time out in 14 days:

          http://www.notetab.ch/temp/ntp483b3.zip

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • Stephen Riddle
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 9, 2000

            > I'm still using NoteTab Pro v4.2/np and its libraries all have upper case tags
            > and various dialogues include HTML 4.0 deprecated attributes. I know I could
            > re-write them all, but why re-invent the wheel.
            >
            > Does v4.3 do a better job or has anyone out there got a set of libraries and
            > toolbar buttons set up for XHTML 1.0? Links please?

            Two things to help you, both easy.
            My new version of NoteTab Pro (4.82), under the Modify drop down menu can change
            everything to xhtml including the ending slashes on img and br, etc. tags. :
            Modify|Change HTML tags|To XHTML.
            If you have a tidy config file, there is a switch " output-xhtml: yes" which will,
            change the HTML 4.0 tags to good and proper xhtml.
            I am not worried too much about the deprecated attributes in existing documents as
            I tend to declare everything transitional.
            Good luck
            Stephen
          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 10, 2000
              Thanks Jody and others.....

              > >I'm still using NoteTab Pro v4.2/np

              That should have read v4.82/np, of course!

              > Look in Options under HTML Files and see if create XHTML files is
              > what you want.

              Dooh!
              Who's the dummy then?

              > > has anyone out there got a set of libraries and
              > > toolbar buttons set up for XHTML 1.0?

              > There is one written by Grant at
              > http://www.notetab.com/html.htm --> HTML Tags | xhtml.zip

              Turns out I may not need it! But I'll have a look later.

              Thanks again, Trusty Listers!

              Greg
            • Greg Chapman
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 10, 2000
                Hi Stephen,

                > Two things to help you, both easy.
                > My new version of NoteTab Pro (4.82), under the Modify drop down menu
                > can change
                > everything to xhtml including the ending slashes on img and br, etc. tags. :
                > Modify|Change HTML tags|To XHTML.

                Another Dooh! Why can't I RTFM!

                > If you have a tidy config file, there is a switch " output-xhtml:
                > yes" which will, change the HTML 4.0 tags to good and proper xhtml.

                Mmm! hadn't thought of that. I normally just call HTML TIDY with CTRL-F7 and
                let it do its own thing (which is why I asked recently about the command line
                used). It hadn't occurred to me that I might be able to create a config file
                and get NoteTab to call tidy in the way I want (like using the WORD2000 option
                on some of the files my students generated in WORD97).

                > I am not worried too much about the deprecated attributes in existing
                > documents as I tend to declare everything transitional.

                I just write the code and let the results of a CTRL-F7 add the DTD. If it comes
                up with a "transitional" I will look through what I've produced and make it
                "strict", if I can.

                I have noticed that NoteTab/TIDY doesn't seem to replace a "transitional DTD"
                with a strict one. You have to delete the DTD line and then it will then
                generate a "strict" line next time you call TIDY on an appropriately altered
                file.

                Greg
              • Stephen Riddle
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 11, 2000

                  > I have noticed that NoteTab/TIDY doesn't seem to replace a "transitional DTD"
                  > with a strict one. You have to delete the DTD line and then it will then
                  > generate a "strict" line next time you call TIDY on an appropriately altered
                  > file.
                  >
                  > Greg

                  Me learn fum you too