Re: Re: NoteTab Pro hooking up a JavaScript engine

  • Stefan Elssner
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2000
      Hi Ian,

      >to find a comment in the edited file and replace the
      >date last changed when the file is saved?

      perhaps you are running Apache webserver, or your friendly ISP is
      running it and would be willing to set your directory(s) directives

      Options +Includes
      or
      Options +IncludesNOEXEC (to be saver)

      (Or just ask her for enabling Server Side Includes)

      ?

      In that case what I think you want could be easily done with
      <!--#flastmod file="file_name" -->
      or
      <!--#flastmod virtual="url_path_to_file" -->
      anywhere in your document.

      It's a special comment obeyed by the Apache server and replaced
      with the date and time the given file was last modified.

      Additionally to the above an "AddHandler server-parsed <extension>"
      must be set. All this in the Apache configuration file.

      extension is usually shtml in this case, but any other will do too.
      On my private test-server I use "AddHandler server-parsed html", so
      that all documents will be parsed for Server Side Includes. For
      production sites that is almost all the time overheaded.

      Anyway, here is a _VERY_ simple clip I wrote last year to do
      a similar task:

      -------------- snip -----------------
      ^!Find "^Plast updated: " CWS
      ^!DeleteLine
      ^!InsertText last updated: ^$GetDate(yyyy-mm-dd)$^p

      Just to make them smile ... ;-)

      (Jody at least knows that I might be anyone, but not the great
      clipper... ;-)

      stefan
      ---
      elssner@...