Text Justification

  • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2000
      Hi Folks in HTML Land,

      In an attempt to do some text that is centered and fully justified (left
      and right) I did the following. This worked great with one exception. The
      final line, if it is two or more words, gets fully justified. Is there a
      way to get the final line to be left justified only?

      ***************
      <HEAD>
      <TITLE>Workflow Task Instructions</TITLE>

      <STYLE>
      P.JUSTIFY {text-align:justify;}
      </STYLE>

      </HEAD>

      <BODY>

      <TABLE>
      <TR><TD WIDTH=14%><TD WIDTH=72% ALIGN="justify">
      <P class=JUSTIFY>***********Several lines of text go
      here*************<P><TD WIDTH=14%>
      </TABLE><BR>

      </BODY>
      ****************

      I have tried <P ALIGN="justify">, same result.

      Regards,

      Wayland Fowler
      (281) 280-4446
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2000
        Hi Wayland,

        > ***************
        > <HEAD>
        > <TITLE>Workflow Task Instructions</TITLE>
        >
        > <STYLE>
        > P.JUSTIFY {text-align:justify;}
        > </STYLE>
        >
        > </HEAD>
        >
        > <BODY>
        >
        > <TABLE>
        > <TR><TD WIDTH=14%><TD WIDTH=72% ALIGN="justify">
        > <P class=JUSTIFY>***********Several lines of text go
        > here*************<P><TD WIDTH=14%>
        > </TABLE><BR>
        >
        > </BODY>
        > ****************

        I haven't examined this in my browser but saw that it contains both STYLE and
        TABLE commands. Recently I came across the following, which might offer an
        explanation/solution:

        http://developer.netscape.com/support/bugs/known/css.html

        Greg
      • Grant
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18, 2000
          Having probs with text-align?
          I just added a few features to my back-to-font color picker that might help.
          You can now select css properties (other than color and background-color) ,
          like font|text and the box properties . This means you can now in
          real-time check out how property|values like text-align borders margins
          etc effect various elements in a page. It's now more than a color picker
          and something like a sort of wysiwyg css visual aid.
          Also It can now remember where its been as you move from element to element
          and has an improved layout. When I've got time I'll next work on the css
          positoning properties so you can use it to layout a simple page.
          ie version at http://www.markup.co.nz/colorpicker/back_to_font.htm
          Included also as part of a notetab library
          http://www.markup.co.nz/colorPicker/xhtml-css.zip
          Sorry haven't yet updated ns6 version.
        • Przemyslaw Jackowski
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2000
            Hi All,

            I read postings in this group with some delay (I'm so busy guy, yeah, yeah
            :-) so I'm answering now on subject mentioned some time before (I scanned
            follow-ups and found no ultimate answer; if there was one, however, don't be
            mad at me). The hint that works: place space before the closing </P> tag.
            Works pretty well for NS (IE doesn't need it), also with CSS. Hope it helps.

            Regards
            Przemek Jackowski