[NH] local anchors and spacers

  • ChrisPye@woodcarver.force9.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 1999
      This is a link I have on a web page:
      <A HREF="../intro/aims.html#news">newsletter</A>
      In IE4 the visitor clicks on 'newsletter' and away they go to the
      'aims.html' page then straight down to the local anchor 'news', with
      details of the newsletter they want. Perfect.
      In NS4 the visitor ends up at the BOTTOM of the 'aims.html' and, having
      not stopped at the newsletter anchor, haven't a clue where they are.
      Problemo!

      Is there a another way of telling NS to look harder for the anchor?

      And another funny thing about NS: why does it show up transparent
      'spacer gifs' sometimes (and only sometimes, on a page with several
      that remain invisible), where IE never does?
      I'd appreciate your thoughts...
      Chris

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html