Re: [NH] tidy problems

  • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
      Is tidy.exe supposed to come with NTP? When I attempted to invoke it I got
      the message that it could not be found. Just what is it supposed to do?
      Where can I get a copy of it (if it does not come with NTP, or did
      something go wrong with my install)? And, when I do get it, what
      directory/folder is it supposed to go in?

      Michael, I hope you get an answer to your question!

      Regards,

      Wayland Fowler

      "Michael
      Gerholdt" To: <ntb-html@egroups.com>
      <gerholdt@fre cc:
      donia.edu> Subject: [NH] tidy problems

      09/06/00
      09:26 AM
      Please
      respond to
      ntb-html

      My Groups | ntb-html Main Page | Start a
      new group!

      Hi,

      On one machine Tidy works fine.

      I'm doing a presentation of NoteTab and Web Accessibility and can't use
      Tidy
      with NTP on the demo machine. When I try, the entire text is selected but
      nothing further happens.

      That's on a Win98 machine. On my NTServer machine I just get 'win32 error'

      At home it works fine, as well as on my new work computer (win98) which is
      replacing my old.

      Anyone have similar problems/solutions? I'd like to be able to show how NTP
      and Tidy work together for accessible web page creation.

      thanks,

      Michael Gerholdt
      SUNY College at Fredonia
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
        Hi Wayland,

        >Is tidy.exe supposed to come with NTP? When I attempted to
        >invoke it I got the message that it could not be found. Just
        >what is it supposed to do? Where can I get a copy of it (if it
        >does not come with NTP, or did something go wrong with my
        >install)? And, when I do get it, what directory/folder is it
        >supposed to go in?

        From Help:

        NoteTab supports HTML Tidy -- a free utility that cleans HTML
        code and fixes errors. Once it is installed, you can invoke it
        through the "Tools|Tidy HTML Code" menu command. HTML Tidy
        accepts a variety of switches to control the way it processes
        HTML tags. NoteTab will try to determine the best switches based
        on the active document type and the HTML Tag option settings. If
        you want more control over the settings, you can create a
        configuration file for Tidy, which you should save in the NoteTab
        folder with the name Tidy.cfg (see the HTML Tidy instructions for
        details). You can learn more about HTML Tidy and download the
        latest version by visiting the following Web page:

        http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

        The easiest setup is to copy the Tidy.exe program file to the
        NoteTab folder, but you may place it anywhere else if you prefer.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...